Friday, November 6, 2020

Meet my new Houseplant - Poem for new plant

 

"Scindapsus silver satin" plant from White Flower Farm in Morris, Connecticut. 

Photo from ETSY.

WELCOME TO MY SUNNY HOME

With surgical precision I cut open the thick cardboard

A gift from Ada and Rich

I'll be in surgery all night, I thought, and it's not even

Covid-19

Careful, mustn't get soil on carpet

Though my sister Lynn has a "crumber" for

tabletop messes

Jews like me often have naming ceremonies

The name must be meaningful 

and as beautiful as the plant itself

Yes, she's a beauty, an Elizabeth Taylor

a Princess Meghan, an Audrey Hepburn

We have renamed her

"Biden" she shall be called, for he and his

family are ascending the mantle of our country

I hold out my cup of Pumpkin Spice and

drink to that, as the wars will eventually

cease. Patience is at hand.

Patience and kindness and love.


Joe Biden, born in 1942.



No comments:

Post a Comment