Thursday, November 12, 2020

Book Review of Can You Transplant an Old Tree is published - My delicious dinner and more - Brrrr cold today - Sharon Tevelson is dead

 

I always enjoy writing book reviews when I really like the book, which I did.

Eva wrote me, "This is the longest, most detailed review I have ever seen. I thank you so very much, Ruth."

I am not Catholic, though, but Lutheran. It doesn’t matter.

I actually corrected it on Amazon. 

View the review here

...

Walked around the block twice. First around lunch time dressed very warmly. While my favorite dress was drying on my body, I read the current issue of The Times Chronicle and decided to write a Letter to the Editor.

My sister Lynn checked it for me.

Oh, hold on. I wanna call Freda at Paul's Run in the Northeast and see how she's doing.


Oops, not Frida Kahlo, the sometime wife of Diego Riviera.

...

Absolutely shocking news!

Freda Samuels is fine. She sleeps and eats, sleeps and eats.  

She is 94 years old and one of my great friends. 

This pandemic creates havoc across the world.

I asked about her daughter Sharon.

"Sharon died," she said.

I WAS SHOCKED!!!

Sharon lived in Jersey in a beautiful house and her mailbox was overflowing.

Apparently something was in there from a cousin in AZ or somewhere, he was notified, and he notified Freda.

Sharon had cats and raised wounded birds.

What on earth was the state of her house?

I HAD TO CALL SOMEONE, so I called Ada. We talked for a while.


Tomorrow I will send a card. 

Sharon is buried in King David Cemetery in the Northeast. I used to pass it on my way to work at Bristol-Bensalem Human Services.

Who the hell knew that Freda's beloved daughter would be buried there?

I am eating rice now. It's the perfect food to eat, very soothing. 



No comments:

Post a Comment