Sunday, November 22, 2020

Remembering the Day JFK was assassinated

 Just emerged from My Reading Room, where I made good progress on THE MIST by Ragnar Jonasson.

It is truly frightening! I had thought it was a book of short stories, but it's a novel.

While lying on the couch reading, with green blanket across my body, I felt anudder book!

It was WHY WE DRIVE, which I had insisted to the library I had returned.

If you're my age, 74, you remember this day - November 22, 1963.

The Day John F Kennedy was shot.

Guess what I have baking in the oven? I have my timer ticking here on the TV Table for 35 minutes.

I can't wait as I'm sooooo hungry!

Another one of AMY'S INDIAN DINNERS. 

When Kennedy was shot, I was taking the yellow rapid transit home from school. There wasn;t a single sound on the rapid.

Nancy Wolen was with me. 

Walter Kronkite, the father of our nation, kept us abreast of the situation. 

In those days we had a mommy and a daddy and siblings.

Dad worked at Majestic Specialties and I wore beautiful clothes. 

Do you know I still wake up in my huge house and think, Where are Mommy and Daddy?

Scott buys me Hellmann's Mayonnaise. When you think you're finished, there is still about a quarter of a cup left.

Such waste is unthinkable for me.

Went outside to the Yellow Plastic Bin and plunked it inside.

Oh! My short story EILEEN;S COAT was rejected by ,,,, I cannot remember the name, but they said it was rejected in the first round.

I certainly felt bad. But of course I will submit it somewhere else. I cannot use punctuation marks on here, my laptop, be I can;t find them. 

Drove to CVS to pick up my Tacrolimus, antirejection med. I remembered to make a RIGHT on Davisville Road and found the place fine. I was the second in line.

Signed the receipt but forgot to take my meds.

The lady, wearing mask, stopped me before I left.

When I come in the house from the compost heap or plastic bin I wash my hands with DOVE SOAP in the bathroom. Previously I was using soap that was vanishing day by day.

Okay, back to Raglan !!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment