Wednesday, November 11, 2020

I took a shine to this lobster boat, so here it is for all my fans

 





My Priceless Summer on a Maine Lobster Boat
Luna Soley, Outside
During her college break, the author went all in on solitude—living alone on a Down East island and working for one of the area’s few female skippers. Luna Soley reflects on a time of loneliness, hard work, and natural beauty.


Here I am sitting on Red Couch finishing up my Cream of Mushroom and Onion Soup with a hint of caraway seeds to spice it up.

Made contact with:

A fellow from Mars
A dead friend of mine - Hello Nick and Stephen
Or Alex, who is a landscaper and will trim my beard or my overgrown shrubs in the back yard

The soup is delicious.

Watched a good film noir starring Gene Tierney and her psychoanalysist husband played by Richard Conte. Jose Ferrer was a fascinating character.

He could hypnotize himself and perform operations on his own body without pain.

Here comes Bob walking down the adjoining street. Must have finished his demolition job.

He is the last of the Sanders family.

Ain't no more.

Quite sad.

INTO THE PLASTIC YELLOW BIN

The rain pours down
as I toss in the debris
Boom boom.
Cardboard cartons 
An empty wine bottle
And the vanished hopes
and dreams of its owner
sailing on her lobster boat
the wind blowing through her hair.





No comments:

Post a Comment