Saturday, November 14, 2020

Talked to many people on my regular phone - my short story EILEEN'S COAT

 Wait a sec. Is that my sister Amy calling from the state of Washington?

I quickly scribbled her phone number and called her back.

She has a tremendously challenging job as a medical librarian. They had never had one before.

She bought a lovely house, large enough to hold her own home plus a home office in the back.

I'm so proud of you, Amy, I said.

She and I discussed the possibility of my writing a memoir. 

She encouraged me. And so I shall.

After all, it will be a couple of years before the coronavirus vaccine is developed. 

...

As usual, I gave feedback to everyone in Beatriz's group including B herself who wrote about the hummingbird moth. 


She discussed all its stages, larvae, pupa, building a tent. Everybody loved her story.

I commented that since no one had reviewed EILEEN'S COAT I wouldn't stick around but would go upstairs and read.

Am making headway in THE PANDEMIC by Robin Cook. Excellent. Found it in the wooden cupboard way up on my street.

When next I went there with three books of Scott's the cupboard was locked.


The 76 yr old novelist, born in 1944, is still writing.

What I did was to put the three books on the front porch, cover em with a cushion, since it was drizzling, and hope the folks got them.

Why they locked the cupboard was a mystery. Did they think I would take all the books. I am continuing to read THREE BOOKS BY FRANCES HODGSON BURNETT and really loving em.

...

So I'm talking to Amy and Blanche Lipshutz calls. We have a marvelous talk. Blanche reminds me that many years ago I drove to her condo to pick up Cogentin, a side effect pill, from when I was taking lithium. Larry Schwartz had prescribed it.

My hair, she said, hung like wet ribbons. How poetic is that?. 

She mentioned that she had worn a green coat from a deceased individual, just as I'd worn Eileen's tweed coat. 

I'd mailed Blanche a bday card saying a little birdie told her - her daughter Judy of course) that it was her birthday. And she sang the birthday song to me.

SWEET  !!!!

At 5 pm the phone will ring and Scott will tell me the pizza is ready. Cauliflower crust. They also have that in Seattle. Our family does eat healthy.


Thank you Scottie!!!

54 minutes left. Is that correct? 4:12 pm until 5 pm.



Obama's new book THE PROMISED LAND. The first of two volumes.

Should I buy it?



No comments:

Post a Comment