Sunday, November 15, 2020

I rarely throw out old poems unless they're truly terrible. My sister Ellen gave me this one about my late mother. BTW, the wind is blowing fiercely outside. Just stuck my head out the front door. And the door itself is trying to open. May I go first? Camp Lejeune NC Thanks for birthing me on Christmas Day a birthday few can forget A ragtag crew came flying out See them now flying overhead like a Chagall painting? Donna with her black hair floating behind her, back fixed by Dr Reardon nothing can stop this Brave Barista Is that Ellen tumbling across the sky pockets filled with gluten-free goodies those award-winning white meringue kisses studded with chocolate chips Black-haired Lynnie sails in tow thumbs up with a peace sign on her T-shirt smelling of the Patchouli and incense sold at the legendary Now and Then Shop that melted into a soap store on the banks of the Delaware Search the sky for The Ame! A balloon brings her in from Oregon. The only one to escape the snows of the East Coast and our Family. David, thanks for dropping in at the end of the table See you've adjusted to the digital age with your new Canon Camera. Yes, we've all growed up, all us children you loved and taped on your recorder whose tape has frayed the way our aging bodies are giving way but not giving up the ghost. READ PART TWO ON NEXT POST

No comments:

Post a Comment