Thursday, October 15, 2020

ODE TO THE TRASH MEN

YES, I FINALLY MAILED A POEM TO

THE HONORABLE TRASH COLLECTORS

ODE TO OUR TRASH MEN

The Poet Laureate of Cowbell Road thanks you

For a job well done.

In my trash can

I have put dead mice, rotten eggs, clothes pins

Like Pinocchio may have worn when he told lies

But you, our Trash Men of Cowbell Road

Are heroes. You are essential.

Don’t be shy.

Take a bow.

How fun it must be to ride like a rodeo rider

On the back of the Green Trash Truck.

Heigh ho! Off we go!

 

...

FOUND MAILMAN DANTE UP THE STREET.

I always glean info from him.

Do you have Halloween Decorations where you live?

YES, he said. 

...

It was incredibly WINDY. 

My chili is ready to eat.

But I'm not hungry now as I had a salad for lunch.

...

WHAT SHOULD I WATCH ON NETFLIX?


Who's dis guy and why should I care?

I'LL WATCH THE INVESTIGATOR, a BBC Crime Drama. 

Goodbye for now.





No comments:

Post a Comment