Sunday, October 4, 2020

Interesting little anecdotes including Trump - Celery - and a poem

I asked the computer if it was a good idea to read several books at once.

Here is the excellent answer I received from Penguin Random House Books

It's well worth viewing for the illustrations.

...

Now it appears that Trump and his missus will be home from Walter Reed Hospital as early as Monday.

...

Feel my hands. They are freezing cold. 

Don't say cold hands warm heart. All I want is a good ticking heart. 

I have so much to do before I leave my small patch of land here in Willow Grove PA, with new back porch for reading. I did look at it today. Too cold to read out there.

Now I've gotta fix up my middle room - Sarah's former bedroom - and read in there.

Mom made me beautiful lace curtains.

...

Starting is the hardest part. 

I'll make myself some of Iris's new coffee and lock myself in there.

Hold on, while I turn on the Bradford Tea Kettle.

Did, and also killed an ant, which saddened me. What would Edmund O Wilson say?

Still alive at 91.


My mother/law Natalie Sherman lives in a condo in the Northeast and can't keep a garden as the squirrels eat everything.

So she got a stalk of celery and put it in a jar and it's already spiking little celeries.

WALKING DOWN BROADWAY THIS MORNING

Funky funky Broadway, but I gest, Beau, of course

wore my neighbor's leather jacket, my hands tucked in pocket for warmth

the same folks were out there, I took the short way, afeared I might get

the chills, which might lead to something far worse.

Came inside, made my funky funky oatmeal,

Prepared for Film Noir at Scott's next door.

One of the best noirs ever was on this morning

Yes, it was good, very very good, until I closed

my eyes and missed the whole damn thing!

...

It was WHERE THE SIDEWALK ENDS, the title of which became a popular children's poetry book by the late great Shel Silverstein. 


Dead at only 68, read more here

AND now I go and shut off that damn whistling tea kettle.

...

Very few people have read this post, so I'll continue working on it.

Made good progress getting the middle room ready to be my Reading Room.

Bought my checkered couch at Gamburg's Furniture in Hatboro, PA.


My Chinese exchange student Bruce Li, a wonderful young man. BUT I can't host him anymore, says Joanne Fabian,  as I'd need to take a long course online.

Wherever you are, Bruce, prosper and stay safe.

Lemme run into my new Reading Room again and look around.

Aunt Ethel's mirror is in there, atop the beige carpet from Specialty Flooring.


Here's Nick Della Guardia from Specialty Floors. 


Above is the downstairs bathroom that came with the house. Tiles are cold to the feet so I use scatter rugs. DO NOT TRIP! 

That means 2 things - no more smoking pot or better yet, mescaline, which I did at Goddard College. 

And don't trip or you'll bruise your knee.

Actually I did trip and I wasn't used to the pain.

I think I took an xtra aspirin. I take one aspirin already so I won't have anudder mini-stroke. There's a word for this but I can't remember.

On the wall in my downstairs baffroom I have a bird bath made of cut-out paper.

This is called Schaudenfreud and is made by Joanne Isaac. 

Finally found a picture of my bird bath from one of my hundreds of blog posts. 


It's now totally overgrown with weeds.

And I've subsequently painted Buddha a turquoise color, which is my birthstone.


Of COURSE I will marry you!

Please send credentials to....

NOTE TO MOMMY:

In Sarah's old bedroom I have a file folder of letters from J M R Fiza and son Jitendra.

Mom and Dad met them when they traveled to Europe.

They came and stayed with us for a while and we sponsored them to come to America.

Another mystery! 

WHERE ARE THEY NOW !!!  You must have an account to sign in.

Record information.
Name
Jitendra Or Jitendra Fiza Fiza Or Rajamaira

No comments:

Post a Comment