Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Guest post for Coach Iris - photo included for the same price - Poem: Ode to Coach Iris


Here is Iris with husband, Art Fuller.

My living room hasn't changed much. 

I'm delighted to write this guest post for Coach Iris.

The topic is ISOLATION. QUARANTINE. HOW TO MAKE IT THROUGH.

I'm the founder/director of New Directions Support Group for people with depression, bipolar disorder and their loved ones.

Received my master's degree from Hahnemann University. 

Ruth Z Deming, MGPGP, Master, Group Process and Group Psychotherapy. The degree allows me to counsel individuals. 

How I maintain my equilibrium:   

As the oldest of five girls, I write my sisters every day to say hello.

I also write my two children Sarah and Daniel.

Why is this important?

We must maintain ties until a vaccine is found for Covid-19.

Like Iris, who is a phenomenal poet, I too write poems.

I write them on my blog every single day.

Here is a new one, for Coach Iris and her friends:

ODE TO COACH IRIS

What a thrill we have stayed in touch

All these years since Goddard College

In Plainfield, Vermont.

Beauty like this I had never seen

A shy girl like me from Shaker Heights, Ohio,

I walked across the fertile hills of Vermont

Swinging my arms, free from Mom and Dad

 From people who didn't understand me

Now at last, I am myself.

Growing moreso every day I am here.

...

Every day we must exercise. Doesn't matter if you're in a wheelchair or
a cardboard box. Our bodies were made to move, so move them we must!

MUSIC too is essential.

Turn up the volume. Dance if you wish.

And whenever you're ready, visit the Great Outdoors, mask at the ready.

Say hello to the trees, the autumn leaves, the dogs who parade by like
award-winners - they are! - and make new friends, if possible.

Hello Jessie, hello Bobby, hello Halloween House.

I JUST RETURNED FROM MY WALK!!!
...

Write letters! Few people write letters anymore.

Surprise folks!

Their delight will bring on your own.

AND sign each letter, With Love!

...

Ruth Z. Deming, MGPGP

New Directions Support Group

www.newdirectionssupport.org

bloggin on

https://ruthzdeming.blogspot.com/

WHAT WILL BE MY NEXT BRILLIANT MOVE?

Will go in my Upstairs Reading Room, which used to be Sarah's bedroom, and read!


No comments:

Post a Comment