Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Loud noises awoke me this morning - Tree Felling in progress - Just saw a huge antlered buck in my back yard



Cranes are astonishingly tall !!!

Whoop whoop! No, not whooping cranes by Meindert de Jong

Ah, the wonderful books of childhood!

What were your favorites?

Thanks, Mom, for taking me to the library. We walked since she didn't get her license until she was 39 yo and drove a Ford Fairlane. 




The little boy in me is fascinated by all these trucks and hard hatted men. 
I still can't find my READING GLASSES, tho I have two extra in my car.
Here is the card that Miles Greene sent me. Click a couple of times to enlarge.

At 3:10 pm they are still removing the trees. Sounds like a dentist drilling your teeth.

Is it safe?
 

THE BUCK IN MY BACKYARD

What an honor, Sir, to have your trust
as you saunter carefully through my back yard
vegetation will provide you with food
until you meet your lovely bride

Clad all in white, with a veil and a train
May the lords of the forest bring you
tawny fawns with high-held white tails.



No comments:

Post a Comment