Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Big day for Ruthie who finally leaves home - hair cut - and lunch at Zoe's near the Wawa

New Directions is gonna Zoom at 7 pm, so I wanted to make sure my hair looks good.

Every time I look in the mirror I see my mother there! She died this year on April 21.


Finally made an appt to get my hair cut.

What an ordeal that was!

Got out my clay sculpture I made to hold business cards.

Called Hair Cuttery BUT I went to the wrong one!

Went to the one near the Upper Moreland Library. The door was open but the place looked like it had been ransacked. A huge insect was on the floor, legs raised in the air. NO, I'm not gonna write a poem about it.

Finally I found SPORTS CLIPS. Amanda took c/o me. She did a great job cutting my hair. I just washed it now with Jhirmack Shampoo. 

Am letting it dry naturally. 

It actually has some curl in it.

I did call the original Hair Cuttery and Brittany said they are near The Target and Michael's. A long way off. I have half a tank of gas and don't wanna drive too far.

Scott said I shouldn't have gone out due to the virus.

BUT I do have to live my life.

After my hair was cut I had passed Zoe's Kitchen.

A sign at the door read MASKS.

See, I'm a newcomer to this new world so I'm just getting used to it.

I ordered chocolate milk and chicken salad.

Delicious! Tried to tip him with my coins - the general manager Tony said 'everybody needs change' - but to forget it.

Every table is arranged so we social distance. 

Just ate dinner. Several bowls of Uncle Ben's Rice, all tossed with different ingredients, from Cabot Cheese to mushrooms - to peanut butter. 

In my business cards I found one from Mr. Kashani in Paris. Emailed him to thank him for the lovely Persian rug I had bought when Sarah and I were in Paris. I couldn't believe that me, RZD, could actually afford it and that I could carry it aboard the plane home.

Let's see if I have a picture on my blog. Check it out - great things to read!!!


I am a redhead here. 

The carpet awaits use somewhere in my house where I won't trip over it and break a hip, the malady of the elderly.

Mom, had you broken a hip? I believe so.

I should wear earrings for my Zoom call. 

HELPING MY PEOPLE

Though I love nice things

earrings, well-fitting shoes, 

Mom's warm white socks to sleep in

my red checkered couch for my Reading Room

what I love most is helping our people.

And they are doing well!

We work together, one helping the other,

We say Bless you, when they sneeze,

or "How brave you are during the titration"

Our people swim, walk miles, teach their

grandchildren over the phone and discuss

the upcoming election where we must beat

Idiot Trump.

May the Almighty bless these icons

of bravery Hallelujah!


This was from a day trip to Brooklyn via Hagey Coach.


No comments:

Post a Comment