Friday, October 8, 2021

RYE ROAD BACK IN THE DAY

 BLANCHE I. DIENER (nee Solomon) beloved wife of the late Stanley, loving mother of James (Nathalie) Diener and Susan Diener, devoted grandmother of Ken, Sam, Ruth Diener and Linda Sirois, great grandmother of four, dear sister of the late Isabel Levkoff. MEMORIAL SERVICES TO BE ANNOUNCED AT LATER DATE. Family requests NO VISITATION at this time. Friends who wish may contribute to the charity of choice. ARRANGEMENTS UNDER THE DIRECTION OF BERKOWITZ-KUMIN-BOOKATZ MEMORIAL CHAPEL

Published by The Plain Dealer on Jan. 31, 2003.
Yes, this is how I finally got out of bed as my thoughts were swirling round and round.

We lived back then in Shaker Heights, Ohio. 

In reality, I saw a vague light shining through my drapes. I'd been reading a prayer book, I mean, a poetry book, by a gay man, which was extremely moving.

Remember, I had taken out many books about Black people and this was one. 

Let me pad back into my room and find the poet who wrote the book.

de de de de de

THE BLACK FLAMINGO by Dean Atta. 


Now we can start our day.

No comments:

Post a Comment