Friday, October 29, 2021

An email I sent three years ago, which Ellen forwarded to me

 Sarah, thanks to you and Ethan for singing the birthday song! I loved it!!!

We had a delicious meal at Gram's - Chinese Food. She sat in her usual matriarch's chair and could hear most of what we talked about, hearing aides in, and cracked a few jokes.


In addition to Ellen, guests were Carlos Guerrero, Lynn Greene, son Miles Greene who's halfway thru law school at Columbia.

Lynn visited him at his school. His apartment is really tiny. They ate at great restaurants in the neighborhood. He studies Chinese law with one of the greatest Chinese scholars: Benjamin Liebman, a Jew.

I'm noshing now on some delicious ham Nicole made. Her mom was also there. We also had shtuffing, pecan encrusted sweet potatoes and butternut squash. Max ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and only drinks water.

Afterward we played musical chairs.

The stress was on! Max looks adorable when he loses and cries.

I wore the outfit Ada and Rich bought me at Chico's. I'd bought many earrings in NYC but people either didn't like the gold or they didn't fit. So I'm wearing a new pair of gold earrings now with posts.

For dessert, Ellen made a scrumptious apple cake w powdered sugar on top. So good you didn't need ice cream on top.

Scott left for work around 7 pm after removing my Claritan generic pills from their packet. Very hard to do. My honey also bought me some honey, which he said would be good for my throat with lemon.

The cough is a tiny bit better.

Told Dan I would walk to Claudia's house on Chelfield Ave. I couldn't find the damn street. And that he should meet me there.

Apparently she and Barry weren't home since there was only one car in the drive. Perhaps visiting her mom in the nursing home.

So I began walking back to Argyle Road when  a kindly looking man stopped for me. Dan Paul Deming.

Nicole is dog-watching one of her teacher's dogs. In Chestnut Hill. So everyone drove there but me and Dan.

Watch your grammar around the children, my ex-husband Millard G Deming used to say.

I hear fireworks now!

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Love, Ruth.

...
Right now it is pouring cats n dogs.

I had to latch my storm door so it wouldn't fly open.

Earlier today Scott, who is retired, and I went on a fantastic walk before the rains came.

Went to the new YMCA off Davisville Road and walked for about two hours, or two miles. Felt great to keep on truckin.

There was a new playground funded by Gale Faulkner. 

I said the enclosure looks like it was done by Buckminster Fuller. 

Bucky, please say hello. 

Richard Buckminster Fuller (/ˈfʊlər/; July 12, 1895 – July 1, 1983)[1] was an American architectsystems theorist, author, designer, inventor, and futurist. He styled his name as R. Buckminster Fuller in his writings, publishing more than 30 books and coining or popularizing such terms as "Spaceship Earth", "Dymaxion" (e.g., Dymaxion houseDymaxion carDymaxion map), "ephemeralization", "synergetics", and "tensegrity".

Fuller developed numerous inventions, mainly architectural designs, and popularized the widely known geodesic dome; carbon molecules known as fullerenes were later named by scientists for their structural and mathematical resemblance to geodesic spheres. He also served as the second World President of Mensa International from 1974 to 1983.

Years 1895-1983, died at age 87.

No comments:

Post a Comment