Friday, October 8, 2021

Middle of the Night Ramblings - Cuban Missile Crisis

 

Zuckerman Spaeder Attorneys. 

Was reading about the DIANE REHM podcast when I noticed the ad above it. 

Zuckerman Spaeder enjoys a reputation as one of the nation’s premier litigation firms. We have earned this reputation by successfully managing high stakes litigation disputes for over four decades. 

We are known for our trial skill and also for our ability to work effectively outside the courtroom to advance our clients’ positions with prosecutors, regulators, and opposing counsel. Our lawyers routinely handle high-profile cases in white collar defense, government investigations, complex commercial disputes, health care litigation, professional ethics disputes, class actions and a range of other matters. We pursue cutting edge legal theories and find creative solutions to complex legal problems. When the stakes are highest, clients count on Zuckerman Spaeder.

...

My Gramma Lily, who, sadly, got dementia and we had to put her in the Royersford Home for the Aged, had a fine mind in her prime. 

She took turns living with us, the Greenwolds, and with her family in Florida, Aunt Sylvie. In my kitchen I have a mobile I made with Aunt Sylvie and Uncle Morry's Photo my mother gave me.

Simply gorgeous!!!

Gram was watching TV - I think it was in our living room by our pink fireplace, when JFK came on with news about the Cuban Missile Crisis.

He demanded Cuba remove their rockets from 'our land.'

Gram said to my sister Ellen, "Good night. See you tomorrow IF there is a tomorrow." 

...

Oh no! I just got out of bed, after finding my reading glasses downstairs, and have forgotten what I wanted to say.

Thinking, thinking, thinking.

MY ARTWORK ON MY CLOSET DOOR.

Yes, that's it. I was just standing there, staring at it.

Thought-provoking. 

When Donna and Ellen visited me earlier tonight, Donna said, You have no business living in this huge house all by yourself."




No comments:

Post a Comment