Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Up and down the street on this Weds morning in May

On WXPN just now, I heard the great folk artist and performer Richard ob Thompson. Years ago, I saw him at the Keswick Theater.

Gotta see if the link works. 

Ate my cereal outside, while listening to Thompson.

Where is Bob Walmsey my home improvement man. 

Would that make a good short story do you think?

https://ruthzdeming.blogspot.com/search?q=richard+thompson+keswick

Richard Thompson is a British Muslim and Sufi. 

Years ago when I was a therapist in Bensalem, PA, my client, John, brought me in a bunch of Thompson's CDs, including Wall of Death, St Vincent Lightning, and one other.

In those days I always listened to music in my office, so we played the tunes on my Panasonic, was it?

All these clients. Where have they gone?

WHERE HAVE THEY ALL GONE - names changed

Miranda's father hanged himself in their urine stained home in Kensington and Allegheny

They never had a chance. I talked to her when she was dying of cancer and told her to make a CD for her young granddaughter to remember her by

Michael refused to pick up his father from the floor - a very big man - who pissed in his pants

Clare did well for herself, left her mother, and began a dog grooming business

JP called me the other day, terrible things had happened to him, a stroke, an inability to ride a bike or exercise. In a firm voice I said, The moment you get off phone, do your goddamn exercises and hung up.

The man has friends.

Do you?

***

A fly was loose in my house yesterday. A very big one. A drosophila, as we say in French.

Once inside, they never fly out.

Over the sink I saw him buzzing around.

With my bare hand I slapped him into the crock pot that was soaking.

And that's how I got rid of the damn fly, Jean Piaget.


Thompson, born in 1949, will be touring this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment