Thursday, May 20, 2021

A Great Time in Atlantic City, N J

I had my own room with a great view of AC out the window.
Sarah and Ethan had their own suite a couple of doors away. In the beginning when they proposed the trip, I was scared, but there was nuffin to be scared of.

Everyone wore a mask. 
The book I was reading by Kitty Slaughter. Ethan said it was too gruesome for him. 
I believe the above pic was for Go Karts, or the Indy 500.
I watched a guy get his surfboard from his station wagon and w/o stopping, go into the ocean and surf.

The Beach Boy Songs are all about surfing. IN MY ROOM and HEROES AND VILLAINS are favorites. My friend Jeff told me to read their autobiography which was awesome.

See! There are so many good books and I'm stuck with PRETTY GIRLS by the Slaughter woman. 
Fresh scallops bc we are near the ocean.

Every morsel of food was superb!

I usually don't eat rolls due to my diabetes, but ...
Ethan bought new glasses. 

More water please. 

Later on this post with the most, we will see a FAMILY PORTRAIT. 
Ripley's Believe it or Not. Ripley was a cartoonist. Ages ago, when my family was all alive, we drove to Florida and visited Saint Augustine, which was the oldest US city. And, if I'm not mistaken, there was a Ripley's there as well.
The Incredible Hulk made of plastic, I think. I got into watching Lou Ferigno and the Hulk since my son Dan watched. 

Hulk was created by Stan Lee of Marvel Comics. Dan was a real fan of comic books and I used to drive him 45 minutes away to Montgomeryville, PA, perhaps, so he could get his fave books.

He did sell them and got about $200. 


I brought one pair of shoes. Which are mine and which are the Hulk's ?
Made of Jade, it will bring you good luck.

And it has!!!
Here is Suzette from the Dean Estes Family. They are the patriarchs. Don't you love that little car? Hold on, I've gotta grab something to eat. A piece of delicious Cabot Cheddar. 

This man was very tall and made of artificial material. He died young. Did he have the same problem as Abraham Lincoln?


More offerings from Ripley. 


I love this caravan. Is that the correct term?  Pioneers traveled in caravans, as did the Romanis, aka Gypseys. 
After I 'publish' this blog post, go back on and click to enlarge. 
Moon dust. I am reading ENCOUNTER by Scott Kelly. Now there's a tale well told. Sadly due to exposure to radiation, many of the astronauts get cancer. 












Eat Julia Roberts. She is made out of candy. 
Miles Davis is made from bus tickets. 
Real or fake? Oh, god, don't you just hate the word 'fake' for obvious reasons? 
The 'sun' poking thru is my flash. 
Anne of Cleves was supposed to be the third wife of Henry the Eighth but she was so unattractive she was sent back to Cleves. Instead the man who suggested her was executed. 






Below is the masthead of a ship. Is that the right word? 
Coming up at last.... THE FAMILY. 

Randy Estes and wife Suzette, Dean Estes - great storyteller and Patriarch - his wife Mary, Sarah, Ethan, and Ruth. Thank you so much for allowing me to come along.

When boyfriend Scott was downloading these photos, he said he has the poster behind us in his basement. 












After Atlantic City, we stopped in Clarksboro, NJ to visit my sister Donna. Here is the car Ethan borrowed from Julie. I said I would write a thank-you to her and her daughter Kieran. 



One of many Garden Areas on Donna's 'estate.'

Ah, here's Kieran's child seat. 
This is my mailman Sean. Finally got this picture for him. 

LIFE - TAKE IT AS IT COMES - BE GRATEFUL - AND HELP PEOPLE WHEN YOU CAN.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment