Saturday, May 29, 2021

Brrr cold today!

Last night after watching various health shows I went downstairs at 4 a.m. to make a couple of eggs in my new saucepan.

Hold on while I run upstairs to find the name. 

BIALETTI.

Ceramic Pro, Hard anodyzed Ceramic Nonstick. If I wish I can also use it in the oven. 

I studied the directions before I fell asleep last night and also read about the new library director at Abington Library, the best one around.

Love the local news.

Did I mention that my back porch still leaks? 

Will call Bob when the weekend is over.

Lemme check and see if the mail is on the way.

Hmm. Maybe I'll mail sister Donna a card over in Jersey.

Am sitting here drinking my last V-8 which I diluted with

vodka? Burnt Umber Crayola? 

Oh, you figure it out!

Was so cold when I woke up I put on the warmest clothes I could find. A warm grey sweater and some thinnish pants I bought at Bloomingdale's/

Washed my hair w/o getting in tub, with DOVE Soap. Hold on while I look in meer.

Don't ask.

Will now go upstairs and work on short story.


MAKING EGGS IN NEW FRYING PAN

On cutting board sister Donna gave me years ago

chopped up a fragrant layered like baclava onion

enjoying the chopping sound

the gushing woman on the radio kept me amused

and then I cracked three eggs - sensational colors - like

a fashion diva - and chose one of Helene's lovely

Copenhagen plates as I call them, she would never

approve - then sat on Red Couch when they were

ready, No way would I burn my tongue they might serve

to Grace and Prince Rainier. 


Just got phone message from Iris Arenson Fuller who finished reading my novel REDEMPTION OF PULASKI.

She called it Magnificent and wondered why I published in on short story net. Robin Franklin agreed it was great.

I had contacted at least FIFTY AGENTS and no one wanted it.

FOR MY SHORT STORY TODAY, I wrote "Is it Morning Yet

Twas inspired by William Maxwell's a fiction editor for the New Yorker - his slim volume of short stories. He wrote about his boyhood.

Laugh aloud in some parts, as is mine.

Read it to Judy L who loved it and said it reminded her of her own childhood.

Am trying to straighten out my living room. 

Music please !!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment