Thursday, May 27, 2021

READ MY NOVEL REDEMPTION OF PULASKI - POEM ABOUT LAWN MOWER MAN

 Read it below.

https://www.short-story.net/read/13339/redemption-of-pulaski/

I took a class at Media Bistro and that's how I wrote the novel.

Wrote anudder one by myself called MY BROTHER'S KEEPER 

When I find it, will publish that too.

THE LAWN MOWER MAN

There have been so many since I moved into my Yellow House a good 

32 years ago. 1989 to be exact. Bought me a Craftsman Mower and

learned how to drive it 'cross the yard like a fine black stallion

My psychiatrist Glijanski said, Who do you think you are, Superwoman?

Didn't much like that, so got me a new shrink. First tho since I knew he was

leaving me I brought him brownies, half with walnuts, half plain. Who knew

what he liked?

I had another man Andy who was dying of lung disease, a war vet perhaps, but he still had to work

to pay the bills. Blond hair, buried and all.  Then I got the Boys who live in the catty corner blue house. They didn't put much heart 

in it, so they quit and then I had Rick Collins for a couple of times but fired him when he mowed over

my red poppies. Oh my dashing red poppies that sashayed like Maria Tallchief, the ballerina. 

Now I'm back to Rick Collins' crew, R & M. 

A sad history follows them. Rick was in the hospital for 7 weeks, 7 weeks, I tell you with Covid-19,

such a nice man, never hurt a soul, but died a dreadful death, right here in Abington. Sitting at my office on Red Couch today, sister Ellen sitting across from me, the Collins Caravan rolled on. Affixing my mask I walked after the man and met Scott Gordo, Spanish, and asked him to be my next LAWN MOWER MAN.

And he said, Yes, he said Yes, he said Yes he would mow my green growing lawn with the lot of

hubcaps upon it and the birdbath and aliveness of the mornings when the birds can't wait to start their day and I too start my day. And I paid him by check. A check for cuarenta y cinco and almost felt like I am a grown up girl.





No comments:

Post a Comment