Wednesday, May 5, 2021

My Potato Soup is almost done - Hektoen Lit Mag

 Why, you may wonder was I speaking to Kelly of Nevada, a representative of the NY Times, for nearly 19 minutes?

I was signing up - for $42 per year - for recipes from the Times, esp Tara Parker Pope, who is far more interesting than her recipes.  



Tara Parker Pope. 

Could not find the file for my 2021 Hektoen Literary Stories.  Recognized a couple and published them on Short Story. Com.

Here's one called WATER.

Now the wasps are making sounds like little babies.

My letter to the editor about our writing group still did not appear in the Times Chronicle. I sat on my front porch and read all the articles, then popped em in the Tall Bag and put em in the Yellow Plastic Bin.



Yes, we had a nice yellow finch.

Ruthie, why are you always hungry? 

Last night before New Directions zoomed, I ate a delicious Amy's Enchilada. I didn't really have enuf time but I turned up the oven real high and managed to eat the whole enchilada before we zoomed.

What politican said, I can't believe we won the whole enchilada?

Was it George McGovern?


Let's refresh our memory and read about him.

He was a truly great man but he was never the President of the United States in the 1972 campaign. After his daughter died, I wrote him a letter but he never wrote back.

Olympia Dukakis, dead at 89. Star of Steel Magnolias, Moonstruck, and so many other highly acclaimed works. Once a Greek immigrant. Read about her here





No comments:

Post a Comment