Thursday, May 13, 2021

Farewell my friend Linda Jenofsky

 My friend Linda just died on April 21, 2021. 

You can't imagine how shocked I am !

Read the obit here and I will print it out.

LINDA JUDY JENOFSKY 

  |   Visit Guest Book
Linda Judy Jenofsky, passed away on April 15, 2021. Mother of Jena (Jeremy) Pashak. Grandmother of Ethan Pashak. Sister to the late Jack(Gretchen) Jenofsky, Loving Aunt to Michelle & Chad. And Stephen Presant with whom she shared a life long affection. Linda was an educator, psychologist, world traveler, enthusiast of the arts, and a revolutionary individual of her time.

Contributions in her memory may be made to Parkinson's Foundation, www.parkinson.org, Lewy Body Dementia Foundation, www.parkinson.org, Lewy Body Dementia Foundation, www.lbda.org/donate, Beth El Yardley, www.bethelyardley.org/donate and Philadelphia Art Museum, www.philamuseum.org.

She died from terrible conditions. What I remember is our many walks around Lake Galena at Peace Valley Nature Center in Doylestown PA.

She had a great laugh. She was always kind to her elderly relatives. Hope her daughter Jenna is doing well.

Linda had a small house that I often visited. She was a good interior decorator and helped me in my house. She told me to bring downstairs my enormous mirror that I kept upstairs in my bedroom.

Both of us went to Hahnemann and admired our co-chairs Fabian Ualitsky and Mike Vaccaro.

To cheer myself up I'll listen to some upbeat music and do a little dancing. 

FARE THE WELL LINDA

Linda, once we were friends. Carefree with our entire lives before us.

We discussed your beloved brother Jack, a famed obstetrician, and the sad family of his, wondering what could be done.

Nothing. You invited me to Jenna's bat mitzvah in New Jersey. Alas, I had other plans, and we never reconciled.

Your cat was named Lukey and you took her for a walk every day. Yes, you were one of a kind. And that trip you took to Machu Pichu freezing your tuchas off but you endured, brave woman, you endured. 

You brought me a detailed cushion the natives fashioned. I still have it upstairs on my bed, never thinking the cushion would last, but you had made your passage.

Let me mount the stairs as the sacrificial victims were borne up the mountain and slaughtered, as your Parkinson's and Lewey body messed with your soul.


No comments:

Post a Comment