Friday, March 27, 2020

Pea soup - bumble bees - Bob Walmsley

Why do bumble bees wanna come in the house? I've got my storm door open, but not the screen door.

Goggle was most unhelpful. So lemme take a guess.

Their nests are much smaller than honey bees. Only 100 individuals.

Neighbor Patrick said bees are naturally curious. Let's pretend Mr Bumble got inside. Good idea for a children's book, Sarah.

Mr Bumble flies very fast. Dans le living I stand near a lovely plant Scott gave me for St Val's Day and he lands on one of the blooms and with her heavy body sucks on the blooms.

Every day counts: Group sues Trump for stalling rusty ...

All we can do is HOPE this pic comes out.

***
Bob Walmsey is the man I call when I need work on my house.


Bob Walmsey

Called him this morning to tell him this story.

When I was paying my tax bill across from the Upper Moreland Library - more about that later - I saw a photo of MORELAND PUBLIC SCHOOL, erected 1884.

One of the builders was J M Walmsey.

I think they're all related. The name seems to be Scotch Irish.

Hold on, lemme get a drink of water.

GLUG GLUG GLUG

Drove to the library this morning to return three books, including the book for our Reading Group called SEMIOSIS by Diane Burke.

It does look good, but difficult to read.

Cover_Small

....

Gonna finish my pea soup soon. Split peas, onions, garlic, and an egg for protein.

At the library I plopped my three books into the book drop.

A fellow was waiting 6 feet behind me to do his materials.

Children were riding their bikes in the parking lot brought over by their dad.

These are the new times of the coronavirus.

When I was leafing thru my books, I thought, What if someone with the virus coughed on this page.

So many hiding places!

With my car parked, I crossed the street and went into the Barnes and Noble shopping center - totally empty and eerie -  and walked around as fast as I could and then returned to my car and drove swiftly home.

Am getting the hoochie coochies from thoughts of the V.

When Dad worked at Majestic in Cleveland, he got this memo from his boss EEK, Emery E Klineman. 12/1/58.

Once I asked Dad, who lost his father at a young age, how he got to be so smart. Erwin was his answer.


I added Mom, 97. She is not doing well. We're worried about her.

Lovely sunny day here in Willow Grove PA.

Close up of house.

What you cannot see are bees swarming all around.

Pea soup here I come!!!

THE JOY AND SORROW OF MAKING PEA SOUP

Mom made pea soup and so did Gramma Lily.

The aroma fills the house.

What a miracle the tiny split peas swell up like
pebbles on the shore.

How I wish I could share them with Mom.

Drive over and show her I made them just for her.

Mom. Mom. Mommy.





No comments:

Post a Comment