Friday, March 20, 2020

WALKING AROUND THE BLOCK

WALKING AROUND THE BLOCK

Dante, I said as a few raindrops
salted the asphalt, Is it gonna rain?

Sposed to he said wearing sapphire-blue gloves

I walked up Greyhorse out running the rain

And then I saw it!

A gray tarp in someone's back yard
protecting a motor boat

Brrrooom! Brrrooom!

Where shall we head?

Only to places with crazy names
like Lake Nockamixon.

Ach, the wind makes my hair
fly in my face, a glorious feeling
some day I won't have no hair at all

And then a SPRINTER
Enormous rec vehicle that
seems glued to the drive

The virus, the virus, we think about the virus
in between breaths,

Why then did the fellow on the high steps
tell Dante he saw him at the Rite Aid?

Joggers pass by
Service trucks too
FedEx, UPS in brown so
it won't show the dirt

Let's throw pine cones at it, No?

No comments:

Post a Comment