Saturday, March 28, 2020

Some of my tips about keeping busy during the V - Poem: My House is Alive

To: Adriane Weinberg
Subject: Great tips, Adriane from Ruth Deming

Adriane told me most people never comment on her tips. 

First thing this morning, I filled my crock pot - which is 8 yrs old -
with ingredients for pea soup.

It's almost ready and smells delicious.

While it was cooking, I walked around my hilly block here in Willow
Grove, PA.

Yesterday I threw out a bag of brown sugar, heavy as a brick.

Checked all my cupboards. Had forgotten about many items such as lovely
wine glasses, but I have no wine now.

A Jiffy cornmeal mix sat on my kitchen table and I used it to make
Polenta, which was fantastic.

Watched two good movies on Netflix, which I slept partially thru. I was
quite tired.

Tinker Taylor Soldier Spy was good, boom boom, you're dead.

Most of the actors are still alive, it's good to know.

I enjoy your tips very much, Adriane!

Ruth Z Deming


bloggin on www.ruthzdeming.blogspot.com

Was in bed reading The Atlantic for two hours straight. Rem gave me a subscription.

Woke up around 5 am, read my emails. Cynthia sent me a wonderful email about the V.

Despairing yet finally hopeful.

Just finished my omelet. Sauteed in butter one egg and a handful of mushrooms.

Went outdoors in the dark night and attempted to eat it. Too cold out there so I came back in, plus I couldn't find the egg.

When I got out of bed my body was unbelievably stiff.

MY HOUSE IS ALIVE

Lying in bed reading The Atlantic
my house shifts and groans
I picture it rocking,
readying itself, quite impossible,
for an earthquake.

What would I save?

Nothing.
Nothing at all.

I'll rebuild when the time comes,
unless I've gone down with the ruins.



No comments:

Post a Comment