Sunday, March 22, 2020

Surprise visit from Teresita Pointer and son Nick

Scott and I were home when someone knocked on the door.

Who could it be?

I opened the door and the attractive woman said, Ruth, I'm Teresita Pointer.

Oh, you can't come in, I said. But I'll meet you outside.

We talked for an hour on my sidewalk. Her tall son, Nick, was there. He'd given up singing - I'd attended a concert at a church in Mt Airy - and now played basketball.

Funny, I said, bc I was just singing this morning. And I sung them a chorus from the US Marines, since Dad was a Marine, From the halls of Montezuma to the shores of Tripoli.

Where the heck is Montezuma AND Tripoli.

See, I should keep singing or I'll lose my voice. Everything atrophies if you don't use it. A quote from Miranda Esmonde White.

Free publicity photo: waist high portrait in profile of middle aged woman with long blond hair and bangs wearing a black jacket,


I told them about Dr Henry Cho, a professor at Columbia University who was working on a vaccine for the virus. He did have luck with animals and a few humans, but it's not ready yet for the general public.

This gave me real hope for the first time.




No comments:

Post a Comment