Monday, March 30, 2020

Lentil Soup by MacDoogles - Poem NO DIAL TONE

Surprisingly not very good. While eating I continued to watch MIRE, a bonafide horror film.

After I ate each bowl, I coughed. Then I gogggled Is it normal to cough after eating soup? As usual, the answer made no sense.

My answer: Yes. 

NO DIAL TONE

Is this a horror film
on Turner Classic Movies?

The woman has dark brown hair
and is arising from her bed

She lives alone but hears sounds
on the first floor

Her telephone is on the bedside table
When she lifts it up there is no dial tone

She jiggles it softly, on and off, on and off
Nothing!

Pulling her white nightgown around her
she tiptoes into another room

From there she lets herself fall
to the ground

Her feet ache. Maybe bones are broken.
No matter.

She limps to a neighbor's and knocks on the door.
When they answer, she slithers inside.

"An intruder is in my house," she says.
Please call the police."

Received a very disturbing phone call from Montgomery County telling me not to leave the house or I might be responsible for other people's deaths.

Went to the compost heap after dat, bundled up, and tossed the many splendid things across the garbaggio still sitting there for days.

Why are eggshells from the Happy Eggs a beautiful shade of blue?



Called a couple more people in our group to see how they are doing. Carly,  Charlotta is doing well and just came from the market with a chicken.

Nick, one of our phone greeters, had his phone answered by an aide, since he is ailing. He did not sound good at all.

Ah, here come the dog walkers.

Everyone is in his own world.

WE ARE ALL IN OUR OWN WORLDS

Look into my eyes
You have no idea who I am
Or how the course of my life
has gone.

You think you know me,
but you don't know me at all.
Furthermore, there is no reason
no reason at all, to let you in.

No comments:

Post a Comment