Monday, March 2, 2020

Poem: Clumsy - New computer monitor - Poem: Green Grapes

CLUMSY

It's been proven that some older folks
get clumsy as they age. The worse thing
for me is... dropping things.

Was eating some tortellini my sister Lynn
prepared for "Sundays with Mom" when
clatter clatter
the fork dropped on the floor.

No big deal, right?
WRONG! It's a goddamn big deal
But I'm gonna have another bite
and do it right, this time.

....

I'll tell you something. I am a terrific photographer. I took them all on my trip to Paris with Sarah.

Click here.

Below, Sarah is checking her emails at Hotel Joyce - is that Ethan?



My computer monitor upstairs broke.

I was devastated.

After Scott woke up we drove over to Staples and bought a new one, an ACER.

It's huge. Scott said I'd get used to it.

Reminded me of the huge monitor that Mrs Lillian Burnley, former director of the Upper Moreland Public Library used.

I was inordinately fond of the woman. She and husband Bob would go on cruises with kidney dialysis machines on them.

They also have AA meetings aboard cruise ships, often called "Friends of Bill W."

Quite warm today.

Submitted my creative nonfiction piece about Helene Ryesky to Adelaide Review yesterday.

Am waiting, waiting.

GREEN GRAPES

Easy to eat
each slightly sour
barrel-shaped
orbs.

What could be better
than looking at my old familiar
street - Pat, Nance, the plastic
bins hidden away in the
garages, as Pat's honeybees
help themselves to the
dirty water in my trough.

 My new huge computer monitor. 24 inch screen, by Acer.

Gonna watch something on Netflix or YouTube.

Am finishing off sister Lynn's fantastic matzoh ball soup.

LIVE FREE OR DIE!

Motto of New Hampshire.

Methinks!

No comments:

Post a Comment