Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Neighbor Patrick's Bees - Poem : The Miraculous Honeybee

 Lynn's matzoh ball soup.
Last of the Carrot Soup.

 Our writing group. Linda Barrett wrote some religious poems. They were very good. Rem really liked them.

Years ago I had started a short story about a black man. Decided to finish it for our group.

Influenced by my BF Curtis Branch from Clarksdale, Mississippi, and the restaurant L'Auberge in San Francisco, where my late Cousin Ray was an apprentice. Best meal ever tho I don't remember a thing we ate.

Was my ex with us?

Rem, where art thou?



His Randy Package Truthseeker was one of his best. I laffed out loud.

Neighbor Patrick's bees.


On the rim of the flower pot I got from Symphony Manor after it rolled in the street, half dead.

HONEYBEES, PLEASE BE MY GUEST

You are so important in this world of ours
Visit any time you please
Do you realize Pat is your keeper
A thousand times bigger than thee.

You were not built for speed
but for short hauls to get honey
for your nest

Would you believe your wings flap
15,000 times a second to keep you aloft
Miraculous, honey bee.

The world cannot do without you
Your pollination makes many trees grow
from almonds to apples and blueberries

The miraculous honey bee.



No comments:

Post a Comment