Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Warminster writing group - Mail Carrier Rachel

Why couldn't I wake up this morning? I was exhausted. My last dream I was at Scott's and was looking in various drawers of his, except they were not his.

You better get to writing your short story, he said.

Mailman Dante had arrived, dropping invoices into my painted mailbox.

Gave me the idea of writing about a mail carrier. Named her Rachel cuz I like the name. She's an African American. Rem, who works at the Roslyn post office, said there's a lot of discrimination against black mail carriers.

I've gotta polish it up. Also the ending comes as a surprise. Is it believable?

Netflix highly recommended a video for me, something about carbon alterations. Every other word was F this and F that.

Click. Turn it off and turn on you tube.

One of the best films ever was Wingless Bird by Catherine Cookson. Takes place during World War I. Brutal battle scenes. Two and a half hours.

At the writing group I started touching my face. Stop it, I reminded myself. Not good in the coronovirus era.

Okay it's 9:30 pm. Just ate Boar's Head red pepper whatchamacallit with lo sodium Triscuits dipped inside.

Go to your exercise bike, immediately.

Yessir!

Found the library easily. Took half an hour to get there tho I waffled on where to turn on Norristown Road - where ARE you - but found it.

Difficult to find parking spot as people were inside doing their taxes with AARP, I believe.

Ya know what? When I get inside a good library like Warminster, I simply hate to leave. Ping ping ping, like a paddle ball snapping me back.

Not so at my own library. High turnover of librarians and I don't even know em.

Our book group is tomro, Thursday at 2 30. Better get to reading ESCAPE, the true story of Oney Judge escaping from George Slaveowner Washington.


No comments:

Post a Comment