Saturday, March 21, 2020

A few conclusions I've made today - Poem: First cup of coffee in the morning

Started watching Hinterlands again today on Netflix. Learned, last night, there are 25 episodes! They're all the same.

Jump into the car - I'll call them Tina and Sam - and follow the supposed perpetrator. How many times can I stand this?

The first few episodes were terrific. Now it's getting old.

Am drinking tasteless organic green tea. It has a fishy taste. For me, it's a day w/o caffeine.

Just dumped it outside.

What? It's gonna keep me safe from harm?

Not gonna finish CODE JANUS by the late Evelyn Anthony. These authors die in their 90s. Some of em anyway.

It's slow moving and I don't understand what's going on.

Will skip to My Lou, I mean, the end and see if I can find out what happened.

As kids, Dad subscribed to Readers Digest Condensed Books.

I remember reading Old Yeller and crying at the end. He became a rabid dog.

Where's my caffeine?

If you can't think of a poem to write, focus on what you've been doing or thinking or seeing.

A bundled up woman walking her German Shepherd, Rudd Weatherwax, if I'm not mistaken, trained Rin Tin Tin. Available I'm sure on the billion YouTubes.

FIRST CUP OF COFFEE IN THE MORNING

When the tea kettle whistles,
I pour the hot water into a lovely cup
I bought at an estate sale around the corner

Stars and vines twisting round and round
Holding it a moment I take my first sip
Hot but not too hot.

I repeat several times
like shampooing my hair.

There's that damn dog barking
across the street.

You would too if your owners
failed to take you out.

Take you out, take you out.
Double-meaning.

Still, it is coffee, one thousand years
from its discovery, look inside,
if you wish, and see your own face
laughing back at you.

***
Finished the book on Iwo Jima by Jack H Lucas.

I highly recommend it.

Borrow it from me. It's on the left shelf of my living room desk.

***

My sister Ellen had bought me a mat from Walmart. It soaked up all the rain.

I lugged it to the side door where I had a simple blue mat, now gracing my front door.




No comments:

Post a Comment