Monday, March 23, 2020

Diabetes always ready to strike

Made an enormous pancake of eggs, tomatoes, onions, cheese and mushrooms, for breakfast.

Delicious, fantastic, awesome, spectacular.

At dinnertime, my friend Cynthia Levine, mother of Noam, calls it suppertime. Love it!

Check my sugar. Very low. 53.

Goddammit!

I go into action. Eat some salted pretzels so I'd get thirsty and then quaff a mug of chocolate almond milk.

What else is in the fridge?

Nuffin, so I chew 5 glucose tabs that rest above my old bread box that Mom bought me yrs ago at Bloomingdale's.

Mom was just warned by our niece Melissa not to use pain reliever Alleve at it appears to increase the risk of the virus exponentially.

Now I'm gonna imagine shopping at Giant, which I do 4 times a week.

Park in my usual spot, far away so I can get a good walk in.

Choose a small cart. Put a bag on the bottom to put my groceries in. But usually I find a box to put them in.

Start in the egg aisle. If needed buy full fat Chobani yogurt, eggs from happy hens, then wheel over to the laundry detergent and buy what's on sale, but I bought a huge container which hasn't run out yet.

Cheese department. Buy half a pound of Tavern Ham and half pound of Boar's Head Cream Havarti or Colby Jack.

They usually give me something to taste.

On a corner in a rack are the nuts.

I'll buy whole pecans and sunflower seeds, which often go rancid.

Where are the salads?

Oh here they are. Spring mix I purchase as it has different types of greens, better for my health.

I look at the flowers. Should I? Should I not?

Oh, all right. I buy a small kolanche.

Picture please Ansel Adams...


CNice thick lips. And pretty red earrings.

Salad bar. This is where I can chat with the person behind the counter or Terry Livorsi if I see him.

He eats salad once a day and that's it.

Soup bar. I lift up the metal container and sniff the white clam chowder. Get a small contain and plenty of Saltines.

Sometimes I'll eat in the Starbucks eatery.

Ocasionally I'll buy a small Starbux or a chocolate croissant like Sarah and I ate in gay Paree.




Bye for now, my loves!

PS, just went outside as the rain has stopped. Am drinking a cup of hot tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment