Wednesday, January 1, 2020

New Year's Day, 2020

Woke up late, 9 am. I'd been submitting to Adelaide Review, none of my readers were able to help me, except for the next day, when they said they really liked Whatever Happened to Judy Diaz?

Your writing will be thrown out, said the editor, if it isn't accompanied by payment.

Yum,this hot tea - Earl Grey - is delicious and kept warm in my sister Lynn's pink thermal mug.

It's important to use the gifts we receive, unless they're still going thru our duodenums now. Which is what happened when I just walked around the block - 7 mins - and made it home on time.

Last night I changed the New Directions calendar to January 2020.

All these codes I've gotta remember.

Then the AWeber codes.

In this dry weather I put on Jason's Cream, I think it's called, from Barb Toohey - I needn't call her Mom Mom, right? - or St  Ives from Harriet. What does Charlotte call her?

I got one Happy New Year call last night and came racing downstairs. It was Blanch Lipshutz.

She told me that I got myself better from bipolar disorder.

I liked that.

Her daughter Judy is in our writing group, o most beloved.

Ya know, I could never get into the writing of Toni Morrison.

Am absolutely starving now.

Get ready, you fine intestines you, you'll have a New Year's Day treat!

Love, Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment