Monday, January 20, 2020

Last night in bed

Robert F Kennedy Jr gave his famous Aeschulus speech on the night Martin Luther King was shot to death by a white man. He was wearing his brother JFK'S jacket that his brother was killed in.

He stood on a platform of a flatbed trailer. Sooo moving.
....

After looking out my window in the darkness,  I shot off a poem to neighbors Patrick and Sue.

Thanks 
Love it

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 19, 2020, at 7:59 PM, ruthdeming@comcast  wrote:

Rubies from the depths of the sea

Emeralds from your ancestors in the Emerald Aisles

Diamonds from mines in South Africa

When the whistle blows, the mines cave in

People be damned, all they care about are the jewels

That lamppost is my savior on a cold dark night like tonight.

- Ruth Z Deming


Gotta be at Mom's by 10 am.

Upstairs, however, gonna work on my short story A CABIN IN THE POCONOS.

When I first wrote the word POCONOS I had no idea how to spell it. I did have certain ideas I wanted to talk about.

Off I goes.




No comments:

Post a Comment