Friday, January 31, 2020

Bookends Work Confirmed - Poem about Upper Moreland Library

Thanks, Jason Blum, for confirming you received my work for BOOKENDS REVIEW. He also forwarded it to the right people for each category.

Am drinking hot Wild Berry Tea now.

Took my delicious omelet w tomato, two eggs, and Cooper Sharp Cheese I bought this morning out onto my front porch.

I wished everyone good morning, as the breath rose from my mouth or nose, and delighted in this delicious omelet.

In the wee hours of the morning I goggled Why do I crave eggs.

Answer unintelligible.

Why was I in such a hurry to get to the Giant?

Possibly cuz I have a million things to do today, Friday, January 31, 2020.

I do have a history of being late.


As I lay in bed last night watching Z Great Martha Stewart Bakes - btw- she is part Polish -

Martha Helen Stewart (née KostyraPolish pronunciation: [kɔ'stɨra]; born August 3, 1941) is an American retail businesswoman, writer, television personality, former model, and convicted felon. 

Convicted felon! That's a laugh. 

I think it was Martha who made a wonderful dinner last night, which I'm making for Scott tonight.

Monkfish, which Chet told me was the poor man's lobster, salad with Bibb lettuce, marinated mushrooms, cukes and sliced peppers.

Early this morning, I met Scott in the Giant parking lot. I was a bit confused. He had on a warm hat. I told him I was going to the library to return materials. You're now allowed to drop everything in the book drop.

I think I've mentioned the following about my library... we'll make it into a poem:

THE UPPER MORELAND LIBRARY

Both my son Dan and I volunteered there
in the long-ago.  Booklovers are the Demings.
The library has a copy of Sarah's book
Gravity.

The library has changed. I love that materials
are up front when you walk inside, but when you
go to check them out, you can see all the way
through to the back.

This is indecent! Like viewing backstage
at the ballet where you see Maria Tallchief
changing for Swan Lake.

Oh, do have self respect, like you used to.
Shall I tell them or remain silent like
the clouds flowing overhead today?




Sarah Lynn Deming and husband Ethan Andrew Iverson.

Book "Gravity."

Both Scott and I read it and thought it was outstanding!



No comments:

Post a Comment