Monday, January 20, 2020

Got to Mom's too early in the morning - Anniv of assassination of MLK Jr.

Go down Ball Road, let most of the cars pass and then zoom up to Huntingdon Road and from there, I know how to get to Mom's.

With Ellen's permish, we made LIMA BEAN SOUP in their humongous crockpot.

I was sposed to be there at 12 noon.

I did finish A CABIN IN THE POCONOS, but few people liked it.

All I need to do is 'clean it up.'

Mom has a wonderful appetite.

The two of us ate many delicious concoctions.

Her goal was to clean up her recipe drawer.

Not easy.

I found an old tissue box, cut it to fit in the drawer, and in went her precious recipes.



Should we buy her a new one?

Why not?

When I got in my car to drive to Mom's I was never so cold in my life!

Tonight will also be cold.

Scott won't be home so who shall I snuggle up to?

The late Kent Haruf wrote a short story about dat. It caused a lotta trouble with the neighbors. All the main character wanted to do was snuggle!

Haruf was dead at 71 of lung disease.



MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR.

Your journey, Dr King, is far from over
Rapacious individuals rule the world
Like a sci-fi novel barely any good folks
live up to goodness and kindness and justice

Balance will one day rule again
Your spirit will hear us singing.


No comments:

Post a Comment