Thursday, January 30, 2020

My work for BOOKENDS REVIEW due on Jan 31, 2020

First I like to watch some You Tube presentations.

I watched the true Nuremberg Trials.

Albert Speer, Hitler's architect, was interviewed.

Albert Speer - Wikipedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Speer

Albert Speer was the Minister of Armaments and War Production in Nazi Germany during most of World War II. A close ally of Adolf Hitler, he was convicted at the Nuremberg trials and sentenced to 20 years in prison. 

An architect by training, Speer joined the Nazi Party in 1931. His architectural skills made him increasingly prominent within the Party, and he became a member of Hitler's inner circle. Hitler instructed him to design and construct structures including the Reich Chancellery...

He died in 1981. 

He said he didn't like the architecture he created for the Third Reich b/c it was pompous and unfeeling or something like that.

He's been interviewed perhaps a hundred times. He refuses to say if what he did was good or bad as he wants the listeners to form their own opinions.

Disgusting!

...

For the life o me, I couldn't figure out how to submit my work on Bookends Review. I had gone over every single piece to make sure it was the best I could do.

My sister Lynn is a trusted reader as is Rem Murphy. 

...

My Creative Nonfiction includes Letter to Stephen, Whatever Happened to my friend Judy? and Some Dog, about a neighborhood dog who is very ill but isn't ready yet to go to Doggie Heaven. 

...

My fiction included Mrs Littleton, A Cabin in the Poconos, and - I forget the title - but something like The Best Pancakes Ever. 

...

Poems included Red Nail Polish, Blankets, Looking out the window in the middle of the night.

Pretzels anyone? 




No comments:

Post a Comment