Sunday, January 12, 2020

On Sunday, we watch T C M

Scott and I were both exhausted so we slept through the film that Eddie Mueller described. This was the age of McCarthyism - communists infiltrated our country - so the authors of the film were never credited until later, after they escaped to England.

One man was Joseph Losey. Here's a list of his films, which are now on my Wish List.

Joseph Losey 1965.jpg

He barely escaped being caught - a story all its own.

I had to leave for Sundays with Mom and couldn't watch the end of film with Joan Crawford. Her face had been ruined in a fire, but a surgeon finally fixed it after 12 surgeries.

Crawford fought for the role from Louis B Mayer. He threw up his hands and said, Okay, if you wanna ruin your career, don't blame me.

In 20 minutes the film HOWARD'S END will be on PBS. I can't wait to watch.

Snacks?

At Mom's, Lynn introduced us to AFFIRMATIONS. They won't print out, but here's what they say:

I AM HAPPY
I AM HEALTHY
I AM WEALTHY
I AM LOVED
I AM SECURE
I AM WORTHY
I AM POSITIVE
I AM BLESSED
I AM GRATEFUL
I AM POSITIVE
I AM BEAUTIFUL
I AM CONFIDENT
I AM COURAGEOUS
I AM EXCITED ABOUT TODAY


No comments:

Post a Comment