Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Shopping in these United States - One more sip of blood orange juice



SHOPPING IN THESE UNITED STATES

GUIDELINES

Practice patience. Be not
in a hurry. Enjoy yourself
even if you are not.

FOOD

Read ingredients.
Watch for sodium intake.
Carbohydrates.
Remember you have diabetes
which could kill you,
that's for damn sure.

Wear warm grey hat with feathers
at the headdress. Okay to pretend
you're Sacajawea or Minne-haha.

STAPLES STATIONERY STORE

First we buy our Scotch tape.
Miraculously, with my dim dim memory,
I find Staples stationery store on
Easton Road. I enter, stand still, as
if I'm having a tiny grand mal, and Bill
helps me.

12 Green Scotch Tapes, trademarked, are
fitted on pink tape dispenser. Snazzy
and useful when I send out my postcards.
Rem, you are next!

GIANT SUPERMARKET

Come splashing in the rain.
Park head first so I can find car.
Forget list.
Buy blood red orange juice so as not
to catch a cold. As addictive as
heroin, tho I've never tried it,
just pot in the long-ago.

Baby spinach in the crinkly plastic
package. Dirty looking baby bellas
and oh them cheeses and the Tavern Ham.

Avoid Helen's eyes in her Chinese kiosk
as I board broccoli, cabbage, flat radishes,
olives onto a wiggly plastic container

and another one bearing fruits for dessert.

LIFE! I need a few more good years before
I bite the dust. A thousand more stories
to tell like Scheherazade.

No comments:

Post a Comment