Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Happy New Year - The Countdown Begins

Cokes leftover from my b'day party
Morning coffee. Robin Franklin from the Giant gave me this hat for my whistling tea kettle, Helene gave me the fragile glass cup which holds hot coffee from of all places Israel.
New home for fragrant paper white narcissus.
Delicious egg with everything on it. And some of the 5 bottles of vitamins I take.

Came home from Scott's just now with his book MIRACLE AT MIDWAY by Gordon W Prange and others.

I'll stay down here on red couch so I can be part of the excitement.



Sonny Mehta in 2001, when he was president and editor in chief of Alfred A. Knopf. He had an eye for quality but also knew how to deliver sales through savvy marketing.
Sonny Mehta, famed publisher, dead at 77. Complications of pneumonia.

I've never heard of him.

Let's get a pic of him and his wife. Pics from the Times.

Sonny Mehta, left, and writer Gita Mehta attend the BookExpo for Knopf cocktail party at The Ramscale Penthouse in 2010 in New York City.

Ajai Singh "Sonny" Mehta (1942 – 30 December 2019)[1] was an Indian editor and the editor-in-chief of Alfred A. Knopf and chairman of the Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group.

No comments:

Post a Comment