Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Gotta keep busy when we cancel because of the snow - Poem: Eating my cheese omelet in the dark

Ada called and we cancelled New Directions bc of the snow.

And yes it is coming down, slowly.

She said it's snowing in DC and heading our way.

I phoned the usual suspects who attend. And lastly called Nelson who will head over to the church.

Thankfully I have everyone's phone number.

For dinner I made lentil pasta and marinara sauce. Let's find it online, shall we?



Earlier today I went to CVS. My insulin cost $503, the beginning of a new insurance cycle.

On Friday I will run out of tacrolimus, the generic for Prograf.




My kidney doctor called it in but did not list my diagnosis.

I went there twice, before and after I visited my friend Beatriz from our writing group.

Here's our Beehive Writing Group.

C
Hello Ethan!

It was so good to see Beatriz again.

She has lymphoma, I think it's called, and didn't think she'd be alive for this long.

Her doctor called Fox Chase Cancer Center and they came up with an old drug that works!

At recent meetings, Barbara Custer came, as did Martha Hunter, Linda Barrett and Ken Ivins.

EATING MY CHEESE OMELET IN THE DARK

Tired of reading,
the words made no sense at all,
I slipped on my fraying clogs
and walked carefully down the stairs.

You will not fall.
You will not fall.

Stood a moment on the slippery porch
Not a sound pierced the air
and stared at my snow-covered car

Silence
total.

Went in kitchen
clop of two eggs on counter
Psh! In the pan they go
Then add mushrooms, garlic,
and thick piece of Cheddar
on top.

Sit on red couch, stare out window
at Patrick's lamp post twined
with spectacularly colored
Christmas lights

and dig in.

The chili powder on top
is the icing on the omelet.

No comments:

Post a Comment