Friday, January 10, 2020

Two poems: Trust and Humpback Whales

Well, I thought, I'll just smear this JASON body lotion over my face and arms since I won't be eating any time soon.





Yum! Just ate a great snack... Campari tomato wrapped in American cheese.

Altho nuffin can compare with the famed Jersey tomatoes, which, of course, are seasonal, growers have figured out how to get a damn good tomato shipped all over the country.

From Wiki --

Campari is a type of tomato, noted for its juiciness, high sugar level, low acidity, and lack of mealiness. Camparis are deep red and larger than a cherry tomato, but smaller and rounder than a plum tomato. They are often sold as "tomato-on-the-vine" (TOV) in supermarkets, a category of tomato that has become increasingly popular over the years. Campari tomatoes can be produced from different varieties, such as Mountain Magic.[1][2][3][4] As a hybrid, the seeds cost around $150,000 per pound.[5]
The company Mastronardi Produce registered the term "Campari" as a United States trademark for its tomatoes in 2003; however, the trademark was challenged in 2006 based on claims that "Campari" is actually the general name for the tomato variety bred in the 1990s by the Dutch company Enza Zaden.[6]

Characteristics[edit]

A typical campari cultivar is globe-shaped hybrid, with regular leaves, and exhibits resistance to the tobacco mosaic virus. The plant grows 6–8 feet (1.8–2.4 m), and matures in 70–80 days.[7]



TRUST

Farm to table fruits and vegetables
could be deadly, toxic, but they're not.
I'm reminded of the vichyssoise disaster
years ago. A can of this Pepperidge Farm
delight killed several, and I wondered
Why not me?

Now, at 2 am, before I go back to bed,
my mind harks back to when I lived
in Austin, hilly country, and deadly
quicksilver floods drowned six people
in a car and I thought,
It could've been me!

.....

I do enjoy blogging but at any minute, this whole entry can disappear.

Life is as tough as walking a tightrope without a net below.

....

I did poke my head outside to feel how cold it is.
C... O... L... D !!!!

Aunt Hy, I miss you!

Her photo is on my bulletin board upstairs.

On Amanpour:  Iranian-Americans detained as much as 12 hours at border crossing from Vancouver to their homes in Washington... View Lt Gov of Washington State here

Lt. Governor Cyrus Habib


Harry and Meghan will go it alone...

Say Christiane several times to get it right. Then she mentions Hari Srinivasin and calls him at the end Harry, not hahri.


HUMPBACK WHALES

In Ocean City New Jersey
Scott and I went on a whale watch.
Not a single whale was to be seen.
I watched a whale of a girl in a
tie-dyed shirt and suffering from
seasickness, I grabbed an ice cream
sandwich from the cooler.

We will try again when next we
visit the seashore, collecting
shells and conchs and starfish
of every variety.

Whales forgive us, says the
television show. We nearly
harpooned them to extinction
but Ahab with furrowed brow
went down with his ship
Pequod not Typee.



No comments:

Post a Comment