Wednesday, January 1, 2020

New Year's Day

Brought these over to the Bill Adams house HOURS AGO. They are still sitting outside on the porch in the freezing weather. He just responded via email that his daughter will take them to college.

Israeli coffee is made from coffee powder that is smooth as silk. Look how it fits so nicely in a coffee cup that used to belong to my friend HAR. Wrote a poem about her for Adelaide Review.


I used to have these Johnson Brothers plates with a Laura Ashley design. The paper-white narcissus are losing their oomph.
The omelet was - contrary to its looks - delicious!

First I took it outside on the porch steps to eat. Steam was rising in the air.

Hello everybody, I shouted. But no one except God heard me. And I don't even believe in God.

Yoo hoo, God, if you can hear me Heal my friend NJP.



Oh, good god, where's the most important picture of all... Joan Effel. Scott will find it in the morning.

I hate to rely on Scott but

From Rem Murphy:

I rang in the new year four times: at 7 listening to Ireland, at 10 listening to the Falkland Islands (2 hrs ahead), at midnight watching Channel 6, and at one listening to WSM, Nashville.

.....

THE CREATURE FROM MARS

Tiny as an elf
Nekkid, we think
skin pink as a pig
floats into our neighborhood
on Garbage Night

Our Yellow and Green Plastic Bins
our regular garbage cans
lids on tight as a tuna can
don't want no critters
no masked raccoons, no scurrilus squirrels
no stinkbomb skunks nosing around where
they don't belong

The creature from Mars
lies atop my large plastic bin
staring up at the inky black sky

And the silver crescent moon
where he leaps in one bound
to ride this huge rocking chair 

.....

Would YOU take the plunge? The Polar Bear Plunge?



I just found this amazingly brave woman who got cancer in her twenties!

Must see how beautiful she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment