Sunday, September 29, 2019

Sunday with Mom

Thanks for calling, Mom. I got home fine. Last time I left around 4:15 pm the light made it difficult to see. It was pretty good this time.

American Roots is on the radio now. Los Lobos over 4 decades performing.
Cesar Rosa, the only music I knew. Played it in the desert. When he came to the USA, Chuck Berry then got into the R and B stuff.

I listened on the radio to an interview with Santana and loads of other Latin American singers. This wonderful woman is on now, Sally Cruz? From Cuba. She was forced to leave. But sang in the US at many festivals, sporting an electric blue hairdo. She died in 2003.

Ooh, I hate when people die.

Am finishing up my spaghetti now.

14 units.

My friend "Sally" and I talked on the phone nearly an hour last night. She wanted to be with people and attended an AA meeting.

These people have TERRIBLE PROBLEMS. I remember in grad school Joyce Keene told us what alcohol does to your body.

Many people walk down our street holding beer bottles. It's probly okay but I did run into a drunk on my evening walk last night.

At first I thought it was cute bc it's part of our culture but then I realized, drinking is a killer.

Told Mom and Ellen about finding the Mitchell Center for the Performing Arts all by myself. Oh, I don't wanna repeat myself. It was freezing in there. At intermission, I asked if they had any hot beverages.

No.

I bought a bag of Herr's sour cream potato chips. Very salty and delicious. I found a drinking fountain, drank, and washed the salt off my face.

At Mom's Ellen took a trip to Dunkin Donuts - it's National Coffee Day - or something like that.

How come I didn't know?

I've been waiting several days for coffee.

Hold on while I take a sip from this styrofoam cup.

Good not great. Ellen told me not to use cream. Tons of calories.

Mom said my shoes looked big on me. I was not wearing socks so my size 7 feet were free to slosh around.

I had loads of plastic containers ready to toss in the new plastic container.

Walked outside, lifted up the lid and tossed em inside.

This time I did not injure my wrist.

And ask your members to bring water - and perhaps a light blanket for the relaxation. It will be a more talk and exercise, rather than a full yoga session - just so we can all be on the same page. Nothing to be concerned about.


Kundalini is a somewhat strenuous yoga - right up my alley - but I toned it down for the Trust yogi's and they love it! Asanas not held too long, not much chanting/singing - so I just do what they love. Although, with my recurring students I do give them more challenging sets!


I took Hatha classes for 8 years or so, but when I took a kundalini class, it just knocked my socks off!  I am a very physical person - love strong workouts - and it just 'spoke to me'! I actually feel empty when I just do a hatha class - no meditation for one thing.


So - if you haven't sent a note out yet - just say it's a blended yoga class - geared toward a soft workout and a total relaxation!


Like I mentioned, I will send you a write-up.  Can you print copies?



Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment