Friday, September 20, 2019

I visit the kids at last







I called this a sliding board, which Max said he didn't have.

He calls it a SLIDE.

My son Dan stands arms crossed at the "jungle gym" which is what I've always called it.

He picked me up at 3:30 and we went to his Roslyn Giant to pick our out dinner.

For breakfast I finished his delicious sausage, two red ripe tomatoes, some broccoli and a cold cup of coffee I buy at my Giant.

The Demings are well aware of the Spotted Lantern Fly and have a method to catching and killing them as they await the school bus.

Dan takes the lead then Max and tall slender Grace assist.

The insects live in a mass on their maple tree out front.

They use some sort of poker to shake it out.

Then the neighorhood kids assist in stomping them to death, which is the only way to make sure they're dead and don't continue living in the huge compost heaps where the garbage goes.

On the drive home, Dan n I discussed the various noxious insects that have plagued our area for dozens of years, including tics at the Pennypack Trust.

Now, it's upstairs I go, to watch more DOWNTOWN ABBEY, where I will catch up on my sleep.

Tomorrow I will hold my first CIGAR BOX writing group.




No comments:

Post a Comment