Sunday, September 8, 2019

Notes about my former husband Millard G Deming

OBIT NOTICE
Click here.
Born Sept 6, 1946
Died March 29, 2009


HE SHALL NOT BE FORGOTTEN

He was a model of a man
who drove all the way up from
Texas in that stick-shift green Falcon
that made scary noises
and found his way into my heart.

In New Hope at 'the store' my dad told me his
name was Millard, not Mike as he
called himself

We picknicked in the green fields
of Bucks County, while the Elvira Madigan
Mozart Concerto played in the distance

He named the different
clouds for me, as songbirds flew overhead
in arcs of love.

It was good back then, very very
good, but something went wrong.
Very very wrong.
Love fled away slowly as a
blood-letting.

He was born on this day, September 6,
1946, and I won't ever forget this
model of a man.

It's raining now, here in PA, soft tears
for the man I loved and who still loves
us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment