Saturday, September 28, 2019

Stutz Candies - Poem: Padraic's Hill

  This, my Lovelies, is an assortment of chocolates from Stutz Candy Kitchen.

It's for Norman Cotterrell who is one of the many performers in A Midsummers Nights Dream, today at 2 pm at the Mitchell Performing Center in Bryn Athyn.

Sarah, Dan and I lived right across from Stutz at Village Green Apartments way before it went up in a conflagration and killed half a dozen people.

The moment you walk into Stutz a delicious smell assaults you.

Death by peppermint?

WEIGHT LOSS CONTINUES

For breakfast I ate oatmeal, a smaller proportion, dear god, with chopped apples with withered skins.

PADRAIC'S HILL

PADRAIC'S HILL

Golden crunchy leaves
sing on Paddy's hill
not a single person sees them
not even the postman in his cap
and blue shorts
I shall go over in my new cotton
dress holding a little one in my arms
down we'll sit and crumple the leaves
in our hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment