Sunday, September 1, 2019

Help! Save my body before it's too late! Short story: Peach Cobbler for Dessert


Wanted: $100 reward, dead or alive, Spotted lantern fly.

This sunuvagun destroys ASH TREES.


Got up early to send email alerts that we're having a ND meeting on Tuesday evening.

I was exhausted! But before I clumb back in bed, I ate a fab egg omelette de luxe and now gotta fill my blue pill box.

It's in a patch of sunlight on the living room carpet.

So I've learned recently I've got no mom n dad n grandparents to take c/o me.

When I would awake I'm in this huge yellow house. Breakfast is not cooking in the skillet. I, little me, gotta cook it.

Then last night I learn something else about myself.

This is really sad!


My body is in terrible shape.
Miranda Erbe White is doing her exercises, saving the lives of hundreds of her apostles, but all I do is lie under the covers and watch.

What could I write about for today's writing group at B's.

Clues I employed in the story:

Neighbor Nancy and I sat outside on lawn chairs.

Her face looking different - fuller - since her tumble face down while chasing rolling trash cans.

Incessant barking of her dog.

She's a very regimented woman.

Sitka, Alaska. I was in several cities in Alaska.

Used my imagination - exclusively - to figure out what the land was like.

Judy and I drove to B's condo.

The coffee table was spread out with goodies, including a Jewish apple cake from Sam's Deli across the street.

LOOK! I can't take it anymore. Gotta climb into bed and sleep. Am reading something by Alan Hlad - lemme check - which has extraordinary writing.

View him here.

Must work on PEACH COBBLER FOR DESSERT.

Oh! Accidentally Bella Muse published half a dozen of my pieces. That woman is fickle as cloud cover across the moon.

Will send you the link later, I mean now. And I did just fall asleep. Cold ocean water seeped aboard.



Just got home from Mom's. Arguments extraordinaire.

Lynn visited her childhood friend "Sally" over the weekend.

Here's a short story I wrote about here.

Click here from Adelaide Review.

Yours in the name of good stories.

RZD

No comments:

Post a Comment