Saturday, September 7, 2019

Josquin des Prez on the radio

What lovely music!

I think the DJ called it the High Renaissance from its finest composer.

Read here.

Josquin was a Frenchman.

Performed by the Tallas Scholars.

Your highness, a photo please!

Josquin Des Prez Tu solus qui facis mirabilia - YouTube

*
When I backed out the drive, there was one bird in the bird bath.

A lone goldfinch.

 A rare-ish bird around here. Rara avis?

Shhh! There goes a released convict up the street. His twin brother died of toxic liver disease.

*
At the writing group Linda brought some bacon-chips that were fantastic.

I tried Herr's potato chips which were stale.

B was bragging that she is 86. We told her she must write a book. I must too.

  Her physical therapist taught her an easier way to get up. Scoot to the end of your chair and then arise.

I will arise and go now to the land of Innisfree by the famous, uh, William Butler Yeats.

I took long drinks of water when I got home.

Barbara Custer continued reading her novel.

Linda read a story about a woman with bipolar d/o who was trying to kill herself in the floodwaters but wasn't able to. Her name was THALIA, which used to be a theater in Manhattan, but Linda said it was a goddess of the sea.

Rem said she had more imagination than anyone in the group.

Can you hear my yawning?

Ruth, said dad, must you make an operatic area of every yawn?

My piece was called LYING IN BED NEXT TO MOM. I changed names but it's basically true.

It talks about my 97 yo mom.

Bring Judy next time, said Rem.

Let's see. Five thirty now. I am not a bit hungry.

Ishmael, what's for dinner?

Oh, fish again.



No comments:

Post a Comment