Thursday, September 26, 2019

Mr Morris's chez lounge


Stay safe - know who you're dating, says the pop-up that alternates with other obnoxious pop ups.

Jolted awake this morning as Josh Groban was singing for pledge week.

Today is Garbage Day.

Got dressed and walked around the block, sore leg and all,

THURSDAY is cleanup day in our neighborhood... the Elgin streetsweeper plus our new unwieldy plastic bins.

The above chez lounge belonged to Mr Morris who lived behind Mom. He and wife Margie moved to Ann's Choice and Ellen got the lounge.

Ellen went to CC and I stayed with Mom till she got home.

It was good being with her. We talked about the old days a Majestic, where dad worked. Mom couldn't remember one person, so we thought and thought.

Jack Weisberg was the answer. We eliminated The Joe Sedlak family, the Paige Sumpter family, Beryl Pinckney.

I attempted to drive home but the sun blinded me, so came home and rested in Mr Morris's chair.

I myself love found objects. Was gonna buy a new dress but sister Lynn gave me one that didn't quite fit.

When I realized garbage day was upon us I raced around the house, including spidery basement, and threw things away, including my once beloved pocketbook, Grand Canyon of PA. If I couldn't have it, no one can.

Sounds like a Columbo film.


MOM AT 97

Very much the boss
she still can sing
and eat eat eat
very good, she said,
pushing away the ice cream plate
she wanted to serve the chocolate chip
in her nearly empty water cup
should I oppose her or let her
do her own thing?

What she really wanted to do was
paint with any color nail polish
a faulty kitchen tile

No nail polish was around
I searched like a bloodhound
And silently gave up.


No comments:

Post a Comment