Monday, September 2, 2019

CAPE FEAR - star Lori Martin died at age 63, mental illness

I'll stay here, I said to Scott, who left for work.

First I finished The Searchers, considered by many John Ford's best western. I thought it was awful.



The Searchers begins with this shot and ends with it, his back is showing. Natalie Woods, a "squwah" was in his arms.

I stood up and did some exercises.

Then the announcer said CAPE FEAR would be on at 8 pm, one of the most suspenseful films ever made.

Yes, I thought, I'll be able to watch it alone in Scott's bed, after he leaves for work.

The suspense was constant. As soon as we saw Mitchum, our hearts thumped like in a rainstorm. By the way, it IS raining now. Outside it smells wonderful, worms come outside their borough, enjoying the feeling of freedom, until later on they get as dry as a potato chip.

Cape fear1960s.jpg
Mitchum's real prey was Lori Martin.

What's for breakfast?


No comments:

Post a Comment