Thursday, September 26, 2019

Postcards

Steamed asparagus with olive oil and pecans.

I do have cheese but thought it would overpower the delicate taste of the asparagus.

In the news: Trump rails against Whistleblower:

From the NY Times:

Dean Baquet, our executive editor, explains why we chose to publish the information about the whistle-blower

Did I tell you my kidney doctor insisted I lose weight?

He also prescribed anudder hypertensive to protect my kidney. Will write down the name in an attempt to remember it.

Losartan Potassium.

There was just a recall of the drug saying it may cause cancer.

What would YOU do?

I don't think I'll take it.



Prison in Ireland.



Desert outside Las Vegas.


An ad for Venice which I used as a postcard.

Lay in bed for a couple of hours reading and listening to the whirring fan.

I so much wanted to write about all the street noises.

Removal of huge trees in two places on Cowbell, The Elgin street sweeper, the noisy renovation of  George's house, next door to Scott's, and use my imagination to write about what they remind me of.

BUT my upstairs computer refused to work.

Scott and I took the HP to Staples where Dave will fix it.

POSTCARDS 

The bland, the dull, the dreary
this is the mail Dante and Joe
carry.

Spice things up. The Alhambra
in Spain might be the great Allah
here on earth, the type of place
you faint after seeing it.

A bird of paradise from Costa Rica
plumage spiking across the shine
of the card as you disappear inside
the jungle, carried along in
a green palanquin.

A portrait of George Nakashima
after he was freed from a concentration
camp out west, had he used his captivity well
or was it a long empty paragraph until he
returned home.

I sat in his chair at the Michener Museum.
It revealed a million thoughts - his or mine
I am not sure - but aren't all people
One?

No comments:

Post a Comment